Tuesday 27 October 2015

Essay Tutorial with Krzysztof

I began by trying to explain my work and ideas to Krzysztof. I enjoy working with both the human body and with portraiture. I am interested in the movement of the body and also ways in which medium can be used to recreate this movement. I am also interested in Aesthetics and Anti-Aesthetics as a potential subject for my essay.

Oskar Schlemmer: Bauhaus - about the shape and movement of the body, resemblance to bodies.



Anthony Gormley:


His sculptures are his most well known pieces, however I was particularly drawn to his drawings.

Defocused. Problematised 


Helen Chadwick: 
Meat Abstract #8, 1989

Anti-aesthetics. Weird.


Viral Landscapes 2, 1988-89

Horrible, or something exquisite.
Julian Opie:


Idea of a perfect portrait. Perfect skin tone is when it is all one colour, flawless.

Andy Warhol: glamour, celebrities, perfection, beauty

Marilyn, 1967

Vanessa Beecroft:

Doll-like



No comments:

Post a Comment